Scope and purpose
Collection of personal information
Personal information may be collected directly from a user when that user:
- Registers to use the Website
- Emails an enquiry
- Adds a comment to any of networx’s social network accounts
- Registers for an event
- Subscribes to networx’s news feeds
- Gives feedback
- Lodges a complaint
Networx also collects non-identifiable information about users’ interaction with networx’s information technology systems. This includes use of the Website and web services and emails sent to/from networx’s information technology systems.
Networx uses analytics to analyse web traffic based on specific behaviour, demographic, and interest data. networx may collect statistical information about visits to the Website, including:
- IP addresses (masked)
- Search terms used
- Pages accessed from the Website and clicks on links
- Dates and times at which the Website is accessed
- The referring site (if any) through which the Website is accessed
- Operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS X)
- Web browsers (eg Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge, Google Chrome or Apple Safari)
- The data collected is aggregated and is not personally identifiable
- IP addresses are masked so that they cannot be used to identify individuals and analytics will also respect any “do not track” settings on web browsers
Use of personal information
Any information collected by networx may be used for the following purposes:
- Administering and/or improving the Website
- Improving networx’s services
- Market research and data analysis
- communicating with users
- Investigating and/or responding to a user’s complaint or enquiry
- Future marketing, promotional and publicity purposes
- To provide further information to Users about other websites and services that networx considers may be of interest to Users; and/or such other use as a user authorises.
Disclosure of personal information
Networx will only share personal information with other companies or individuals in the following limited circumstances:
- To any third-party contractor to the extent necessary for that third-party contractor to achieve any of the purposes listed above on networx’s behalf
- where networx has the user’s consent
- To improve cyber security; if networx believes giving the information will help prevent or resolve fraud, money laundering, unauthorised access to or attacks on networx’s information technology systems or other crimes
- Networx may give this information even if the user is not involved in malicious activity; and to comply with law in New Zealand or overseas
Storage of personal information
Networx will take all reasonable steps, and maintain processes, to prevent unauthorised access to, or use of, the personal and other information networx collects. In most cases, networx uses the HTTPS protocol for secure communication of networx pages over the Internet.
Any personal information provided to networx will be collected and held by, or on behalf of, networx at networx, 69 Gracefield Road, Lower Hutt, 5040 and/or at cloud providers or data centres used by networx (networx may use cloud providers or data centres (whether in New Zealand or overseas), to manage and store personal and other information it collects, and will ensure that any storage on such a platform provides adequate security measures).
Links to social networking services
Networx uses social networking services to communicate with the public about networx’s work. When users interact with networx via these services, the social networking services may collect users’ personal information for their own purposes. These services may track users’ use of the Website on those pages where their links are displayed. If a user is logged in to those services while using the Website, their tracking will be associated with that user’s profile with those services.
Such services have their own privacy policies which users should read.
Your rights and choices
Upon request, networx will provide users with access to any information held about them. If such information is inaccurate, networx will correct it. To contact networx for access or correction please see our contact details. Users can also ask to be removed from any of networx’s subscription lists at any time.